Pediatric Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy
Our BCBA’s, RBT’s and behavioral therapist’s assist children in increasing skills to better their ability to learn and decrease challenging behaviors that are interfering with their ability to learn in the classroom, at home and in the community. We address skills that help children communicate, participate in the classroom and daily activities and interact with peers. Additionally, our therapists teach children replacement behaviors to engage in, instead of the challenging behaviors, in order to get their needs and wants met. Our BCBA’s provide evaluation, intervention and consultation in the following areas:
- Requesting items
- Labeling items
- Attending and responding to others statements and directions
- Attending and responding to visual stimuli
- Independent play
- Social play and interactions
- Imitating others
- Understanding and describing items by their feature, function and class
- Responding to others conversations
- Engaging in classroom routines and group skills
- Teach pre-academic reading, math and writing skills
- Echoing a variety of sounds
- Spontaneous vocalizations
- Decreasing challenging behaviors
- Teaching replacement behaviors to engage in to get their needs and wants me
Is Your Child On Track?
How your child plays, learns, speaks and acts offer important clues about his development.
Do you have questions about your child’s development? View our milestone checklist to see if your child is where he/she should be at this stage in their development.
Still have concerns? Complete the form below to contact our staff to discuss your concerns, schedule a tour of our facility, or make an appointment to speak with our staff.
Kids Unlimited Learning Academy
Ft. Smith: 479-755-6601
The Speech-Language Pathologist and Homeschooled Clients: An Overview of Practice Strategies
Kristen Crain, M.S. CF-SLP